Nursery - 30 hours funding
Government Scheme to Help Parents with Childcare Costs
From Spetember 2017, we will be accommodating three and four year old children for up to 30 hours' worth of funded sessions per week.
Currently at Lanner, we offer all three and four year olds 15 hours' worth of free early education and childcare before they start school. The doubling of provision to 30 hours is being rolled our by the Government across the country from September 2017.
The 30 hours of free provision is available for families:
1. Where both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone-parent family) and each parent earns the equivalent to 16 hours a week at the national minimum or living wage of £7.50 per hour, and earns less than £100,000 per year.
2. Where you have a partner and one of you gets any of the following benefits:
* Carer's Allowance
* Employment and Support Allowance
* Incapacity Benefit
* Severe Disablement Benefit
Lanner School will be extending our provision in line with the Government recommendations. We will also be offering additional wraparound care for our three and four year old children through our Breakfast and Afterschool Clubs (BLAST).
The following is a step-by-step guide in how to apply for 30 hours of nursery funding:
1. Before you start, make sure you have the following to hand:
* Your National Insurance Number, or if you are self-employed, your unique tax reference number.
* Details of other Government support you receive.
* The date of birth of your child(ren).
* A recent payslip, P60 or passport.
2. Go to www.gateway.gov.uk and register.
Once you have registered, make a note of your Gateway Reference Number. You do not need anything else from this website.
3. Go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk and scroll down to '30 hours free childcare'.
The key dates for the next academic year are as follows:
If you wish to receive funding in 2017/18:
|To receive funding for||You must register online||and return your paperwork to school by|
|1 Sept 2017 to 31 Dec 2017||Between 1 Apr 2017 and 1 Jul 2017||No later than 15 July 2017|
|1 Jan 2018 to 31 Mar 2018||Between 1 Sept 2017 and 1 Dec 2017||As soon as possible|
|1 Apr 2018 to 20 July 2018||Between 1 Jan 2018 and 1 Mar 2018||As soon as possible|